About The Club
The Old Pleasant Valley Country Club was founded in 1922. For over 90 years, this has been one of the areas premiere country club facilities with 18 Championship holes of golf, a bar and restaurant, a spacious ballroom, locker room facilities for men and women, an Olympic size swimming pool and stocked fishing ponds.
The golf course has hosted prestigious events such as the West Penn Amateur Qualifier, WPIAL Qualifiers and Sectional Tournaments, USGA Pub Links Sectional Qualifier and numerous levels of the US Kids National Tour.
Pleasant Valley Country Club was ranked by GOLF magazine as one of the top 100 Small-Private Clubs in the country in 1981 and carried over 350 members from 1963 to 2006.
Pleasant Valley Country Club was sold to an individual owner in the spring of 2018 and the facility was rebranded as Pleasant Valley Golf Club. The facility is no longer private– it is 100% open to the public. The new and updated facility features a fully renovated kitchen, a completely renovated 19th Hole Restaurant and the incredible Locker Room Bar (where the country club’s old locker rooms were) featuring over 60 bar stools and over 10 big screen tv’s. In addition, we have added 2 state-of-the-art indoor golf simulators, a huge outdoor & (heated when necessary) 5 Garage Door, Pavilion Bar & Restaurant. The pool has been removed to make way for additional parking.
There are many more exciting changes in store for the facility in the near future: Tuffy Shallenberger’s wheels are always turning.
Starting inside the main clubhouse with additional updates coming to the private party & banquet area; then moving outside with newly continuous paved cart paths, and a new golf cart fleet, just to name a few.